Earlier this year, YouTube released traffic and viewership statistics. The figures can’t be ignored:
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month.
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube.
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth.
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011.
- More than 20% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube is available on 350 million devices.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute.
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week.
- Clicks on the âlikeâ or âdislikeâ button on YouTube have doubled since the start of 2011. For every âdislike,â YouTube gets 10 âlikes.â People like to tell other people about the stuff they love.
Video will continue to be a valuable â and increasingly necessary â promotion and engagement tool in 2013. Now is the time to tap into this growing market. You don’t have to be a tech-savvy teen or skilled videographer to shoot compelling video â of events, conferences, product demonstrations, customer testimonials, tutorials â that engages your target audience. With smartphone technology, shooting and posting video has never been easier. (See tips for shooting video with your smartphone.)
And with YouTube’s free Insight tool, you can access detailed statistics about your video audience, such as viewer demographics and audience attention span.
Powered by WPeMatico